5 rules on maintaining my hair and keeping it healthy, soft and shiny – and smelling good!
- Don’t skimp out on shampoo, conditioner and hair mask. It’s worth spending a little extra as they tend to last longer and you don’t need a full hand of shampoo anyway. Find a line that works for your type of hair by recognizing your issue (whether it’d be frizzy, dry and damaged or fine. Then figure out what you want to achieve. Is it adding more volume, less volume, shine, etc.)
- Cleanse roots by massaging your scalp and just run your hands and fingers through the lengths without rubbing your hair. Always use a conditioner, especially when it’s dry outside, whether from the heat or the cold – and leave it on for at least 3 minutes. Once a week, use a hair mask and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze out excess water but don’t rub with a towel. Add your choice of frizz control cream, oil, leave-in conditioner or spray, and let it air dry if you can. If not, start with a cooler setting on your blow drier and focus on drying your hair from the roots, the ends usually dry much quicker.
- Depending on the type and quality of your hair, add heat protectant product and/or cream for the ends to keep your cuticles closed.
- When finished styling, add some glossing cream to keep stray hair down and to give off a polished, shiny and deliciously scented hair!
I have tried many different hair products and found a few brands that I love. These are my top 5, in no particular order: